On 11-07-2021 02:57, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 10:36 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

On 11-07-2021 01:05, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:18 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

On 10-07-2021 07:58, Bruce Kellett wrote:

Neither of your analyses actually explain the observed
behaviour.

It does so, otherwise the experiment would have proven that QM is
invalid.

So, in your opinion, the quantum mechanical analysis given in the
paper is wrong.

It is correct, it's just that your conclusion about the MWI based on

that paper is incorrect. Escaping infrared photons and the
decoherence
this causes are totally irrelevant. Whether or not an interference
pattern can be detected is not relevant to the question of whether
or
not a superposition exists when we know that it exist and it has no
decohered.

The question is not whether or not there is a superposition. The
question is whether or not the superposition is coherent. If the balls
are entangled with photons that have escaped, the superposition has
decohered and is no longer coherent. Loss of coherence means that
there can be no interference pattern. It is not just that it is not
visible -- it simply no longer exists. Coherence can only be restored
if the escaping information is quantum erased. The escaping photons
are part of the total system. If you ignore this entanglement, the
remaining system is a mixed state.

Yes, so you need a combined measured on the balls and the photons to demonstrate interference. But whether or not we actually do this is then irrelevant to the question of whether or not in a superposition both sectors of that superposition actually exist, unless one would doubt the validity of quantum mechanics and would want to test the quantum mechanical prediction. If we assume that quantum mechanics is valid then we assume that both sectors objectively exist, regardless of whether or not you could actually perform the required interference experiment.

Saibal

Bruce

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAFxXSLSDT0WQ%2BMpBJ-nH-waNX506m8umsoG%3DS28y3GAJfK%2Bbug%40mail.gmail.com
[1].