From: Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, Apr 17, 2022 6:00 pm
Subject: Re: aiming to complete Everett's derivation of the Born Rule

 On 4/17/2022 7:11 AM, Alan Grayson wrote:

 A simple example of your point is a gas at some temperature and pressure,
confined in some volume. For a given particle in the ensemble, we can't
determine its exact path because we lack information about its interactions.
But if we had that knowledge, we could determine its exact path, and any
uncertainties in that information would translate into uncertainties in its
path. But inherent randomness in QM is different and probably has nothing to do
with the UP. Did you read the paper I cited?:  https://arxiv.org/abs/1212.0953v3

 Brent

For example, for a small uncertainty in position, there is a large uncertainty
in velocity, so we can get simultaneous measurements of position and velocity,
but the latter will manifest large fluctuations for succeeding measurements.
Thus, the "inherent randomness" in QM is the assumption that every individual
trial or outcome of a measurement is UNcaused; that is, the particular outcome
can't be traced to some prior state -- what AE called God playing dice with the
universe. AG