This is an interview of the great computer programmer John Carmack, he
thinks the time when computers can do everything, not just some things, as
good or better than humans is much closer than most people believe, he
thinks there is a 60% chance it will happen by 2030. Like me Carmack is
much more interested in intelligence than consciousness and has no interest
in the "philosophical zombie" argument. As far as the future history of the
human race is concerned the following quotation is particularly relevant:

"*It seems to me this is the highest leverage moment for a single
individual potentially* *in the history of the world.* [...]   *I am not a
mad man in saying that the code for artificial General intelligence is
going to be tens of thousands of lines of code, not millions of lines of
code. This is code that conceivably one individual could write, unliker
writing a new web browser or operating system.*"

The code for AGI will be simple
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLi83prR5fg>

b30