From: Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.net>
To: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>; 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Sep 9, 2022 4:00 pm
Subject: Re: The code for AGI will be simple

#yiv6150247816 p.yiv6150247816MsoNormal, #yiv6150247816
p.yiv6150247816MsoNoSpacing{margin:0;}#yiv6150247816 p.yiv6150247816MsoNormal,

Am Fr, 9. Sep 2022, um 13:26, schrieb John Clark:

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 5:20 AM Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.net> wrote:

>> Even if you have an IQ of 200 and spend your entire life studying
>> consciousness you will advance the field precisely as much as the entire
>> human race has in the last thousand years. And that would be precisely zero.
>> Isaac Newton must've had an IQ of about 200 and unfortunately he spent much
>> more time studying theology than physics and mathematics put together, but
>> despite that colossal effort he advanced the field of theology not at all,

> Unfortunately for you maybe, but perhaps it gave him joy and I bet that was
> the main thing that mattered to Isaac Newton. Good for him, I would say. At
> some point we will all be dead, and nothing will matter or be useful to us by
> then.

I can only speak for myself but all else being equal if given the choice
between a task that has a chance of accomplishing something and a task that can
only lead to a dead end then I would choose the one that might actually achieve
something, even if that achievement is just an abstract understanding of
something with no practical value.

If you choose, try to lose
for the loss of remain come and start
Start the game