On 10/20/2022 8:03 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

Am Mi, 19. Okt 2022, um 18:18, schrieb John Clark:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 11:31 AM Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.net> wrote:

    /> I agree with you on Trump, but to be fair the brouhaha was
    about Hillary Clinton hosting an email server in her private
    residence to avoid scrutiny of her actions as a government official,/

That may have been her reason for doing it or it may not be, at the time I thought it  more likely she was just being sloppy and today I have even more reason to think so;

I mean... I don't know what to tell you. You really think that the most likely explanation for her hiring someone to install an email server in her bathroom instead of using existing government infrastructure is her "being sloppy"? Really? Then why would she bother doing this?

There is much more communication that is not classified than classified.  To communicate classified information you have to go to a special shielded room and use an encrypted link.  I worked for the U.S. Navy for 54yrs with a top secret clearance and I used the classified link only a half-dozen times.  Everybody finds it inconvenient (it was in a different building from where I worked). So everybody "talks around" classified material in ordinary email. And they sometimes transmit parts of classified documents which aren't the thing that makes it classified...they think.  That's what caught Hillary out.

Brent

secrets are notoriously difficult to keep so if Hillary had some deep dark secret she was trying to conceal today after six years it should've come to light and it has not.

Well, she's not a reptilian and she is not part of some weird satanic pedophilic cult related to pizza. I guess we can agree on that.

Everything pretty much came to light. It is the usual boring corruption. She was in bed with the military-industrial complex and with the banks. She serves those people at the detriment of the common person. She leveraged her government position to practice "pay for play" with powerful people. You would have to be pretty naive to not see it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37639370

    /> and I do not think that this is ridiculous to be upset about./

It may have been reasonable to be upset with Hillary about thatbut it's ridiculous that the very same people who were saying Hillary's email server was equivalent to the apocalypse in 2016 are now indifferent about the ex-president moving hundreds or thousands of top-secret documents to the pantry of the kitchen of his country club where hundreds of people without security clearances pass through every day. If Hillary committed a crime it was a ridiculously trivia one compared to the crime committed by the ex-president. It's not as if his country club is Fort Knox when it comes to Security,in 2019 a Chinese woman was arrested on the grounds of Mar-A-Lago with 5 cell phones, a hard drive, 9 USB thumb drives including one primed with malware, a gadget for detecting hidden cameras, and 2 Chinese passports; and that was when he was still president, the security is bound to be much less now that he's just an ex president.

Sure, Trump is much worse than Clinton.

I am just saying that pretending that she was ok is not a good strategy. She is a corrupt politician who works for those in power and it should come as no surprise that the common person does not like her of feel motivated to go vote for her.

It just turns out that the media likes to focus on certain things and overlook others, depending on the political tribe they serve. The media that serves the Republican electorate is batshit crazy, you will not get any dispute from me there. Do better.

Telmo

John K Clark    See what's on my new list at Extropolis <https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>
jep

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3bP2kbtrMewAoiqSpGmNyazjxBmvZL8cH02z6YdUVZ5w%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3bP2kbtrMewAoiqSpGmNyazjxBmvZL8cH02z6YdUVZ5w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/8d5de454-fce3-4834-8303-ad3950586099%40app.fastmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/8d5de454-fce3-4834-8303-ad3950586099%40app.fastmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.