On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 3:33 PM PGC <multiplecit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it's crucial to remember that beating benchmarks or covering a wide range
> of conversational topics does not equate to general intelligence

Why not?! Claude can cover a WIDE range of topics but it's still NARROW??
It's interesting that nobody had a problem with any of these benchmarks
just a few years ago when most people thought it would be centuries or
never before a computer could pass any of them, but now that computers have
blown past almost all of those benchmarks one after the other all of a
sudden people are now saying those benchmarks were never any good. I think
that's just whistling past the graveyard.

wpg

Your excitement about Claude 3.5 Sonnet's performance is understandable.