*JD Vance will be Trump's vice president, and one of the few duties of a
vice president that is spelled out in the constitution is to certify
presidential elections. Vance has some interesting things to say about
that:*

*" If I had been vice-president in 2020, I would have told the states, like
Pennsylvania, Georgia and so many others, that we needed to have multiple
slates of electors, and I think the US Congress should have fought over it
from there. That is the legitimate way to deal with an election that a lot
of folks, including me, think had a lot of problems in 2020.”*

So I can't imagine any circumstance in which Vance would certify a
Democratic victory in 2028. Consider the possibilities:

*If Trump runs for reelection in 2028 it's unlikely the Supreme Court would
rule that a third presidential term is clearly unconstitutional because by
then Trump will have even tighter control of the Supreme Court than he does
now. And even if it did defy him it wouldn't make any difference because
Vance says if the Supreme Court, or any court, makes a decision that Trump
doesn't like he should "stand before the country like Andrew Jackson did,
and say, 'The chief justice has made his ruling. Now let him enforce it.'"*

*But suppose Trump decides to retire in 2028, in that case it's highly
likely that Vance will be the Republican presidential candidate. Can you
imagine Vance saying on January 6 2029 that his Democratic opponent has won
the election? I can't.*

*And then there is a third possibility, Vance is already president in 2028,
after all Trump is nearly as old as Biden, and he is overweight, and he
doesn't exercise, and he has a terrible diet. *

*No matter how you look at it, 2024 will be the last presidential election
this country ever has, if you don't count North Korea style "elections". *

nke