On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 7:05 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> Vance has already taken Putin's side in the invasion of Ukraine, so he
> will destroy NATO *

*Exactly true. Vance has said  “I got to be honest with you, I don’t really
care what happens to Ukraine one way or the other.”*

*> Putin's Russia will absorb Hungary, Turkey, Moldovia*

*If Putin is successful in Ukraine it is entirely possible, even probable,
that Putin will at least try to do that. And that would scare the hell out
of France and Great Britain. And both of those countries have hundreds of
thermonuclear bombs and the means to deliver them, and of course the same
could be said about Putin's Russia. If World War Three ever happens it's
going to be because of something like that; many wars had far more trivial
causes, World War I for example.*

*By the way, I just saw the movie "Civil War" and it's very good, it's
directed and written by Alex Garland, the same guy who directed  "Ex
Machina" one of the best science fiction movies of all time, and the same
guy who wrote and directed "Devs", one of the best science fiction series
of all time. In this fictional universe the USA is similar to the real USA
in a lot of ways, except that in this one Texas and California are on the
same side in the war! I think that was done deliberately so it wouldn't
sound too political or preachy. In a lot of the scenes it's not even clear
which side are the rebels and which side are the unionists, and it really
doesn't matter because both sides were doing terrible things. Garland was
just trying to show what a Civil War in America would be like.*

zp1