Hello Jim,

I have looked at this problem a bit, and have arrived at a proposal for
a GUI: http://primates.ximian.com/~anna/attribution_1.png . You may also
download a glade file for this (helpful if you want to use the standard
Evolution spacing, padding and mneuomics) from here:
http://primates.ximian.com/~anna/attribution.glade .

The blue text I used in the design looks a bit crappy (and is a bit too
small) because I gimp'ed it in there (glade being unable to add blue
text to an entry.) At any rate, this screenshot should give you a sense
of how I envision this working: the user can type in the entry, but must
use the "Tokens" option menu to add a token, to ensure that proper
syntax is used.

My feeling is that this does not really need to be configurable by
account-- I would instead place this option in the bottom portion of the
"General" tab of the Composer Preferences page in the new configuration
dialog.

What do you think?
Anna