Brewster Gillett:

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> While all this is true,  I agree completely, it is utterly pointless to
> point it out.  The vast vast majority of people DO NOT CARE about
> netiquette (or the convenience of subsequent readers).

bg:

How very right you are. It's pleasant to read that there are others
who fully understand.

williams:

> Thus you are
> wasting bandwidth and every other readers time.  Hashing these things
> with people WHO DO NOT CARE is pointless.

bg:

I plead guilty, Adam - 99% of the time I just let it pass. But
this was something new - when someone informed us that they had
to "reconfigure" their emailer in order to alternate between top
and bottom posting. I confess, that pushed me over the edge :-)
I'll try not to do it again for a while......

williams:

> I deal with top-posters primarily just by ignoring their
> questions [if they can't respect me I shouldn't bother with them].
> That is the method I suggest.

bg:

That's a worthy suggestion, Adam, and I pretty much agree with you.
I will observe that I have converted at least three or four formerly
clueless-newbie top-posters through the means of sitting them down at a
computer and demonstrating how it is intended to be done.
Seeing that light bulb go on over their heads was immensely
satisfying, as you might imagine :-)

Brewster

    Embrace a sharing community of sustainable low-carbon diversity