On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 09:03:18AM -0700, bg wrote:

> Older than dirt - Core2.
>
> It's pretty stable, though. The only real problem that's beginning
> to get annoying is the Mozilla 1.7 browser, with the increasing
> number of web pages it refuses to read, even with as late a
> vintage plug-ins as I can cram into it  :-)
>
> I'm probably going to be upgrading within the next 30 days.
> I've been considering Ubuntu 9.04. Any suggestions?

ubuntu is nice -- easily maintained
And the make scripts provided by
Paul/others makes running from git ( if you have the desire ) fairly
straightforward.

If you're into that kind of thing, gentoo is good.  And actually quite
stable.  I run ubuntu at home right now and gentoo at work.  I've run
gentoo at home before and will again as soon as i get a decent spare
box.

what specs does your box have?

reid