I upgraded to 3.8.3 with F19 and network timeout problems got even worse.

Marking mailbox as "copy folder locally for offline operation" stopped taking
any effect whatsoever.
No message with attachments is loading, staying on "Retrieving message
'nnnnnn'" forever. The same message has already been loaded previously with
3.6.4. Did local storage format change?

Eugene.