Paul,

Thanks for the insight.  There is an IMAP option in Evolution to
synchronize the email, but I have not found much info about this option.
 Does anyone know what it does and the pros/cons?

My objective is to have a local copy (on my computer or email server) of
all sent and received email, while leaving about 4 months worth on the
isp server for remote use.  periodically, I take the email from the
inbox and sent and place them in subject folders.

My question is how do I do that with Evolution, or any email
application?

--
  dave boland
  dbola...@fastmail.fm