On Wed, 2020-12-02 at 22:47 +0100, Ángel wrote:
> I suspect evolution is launching gpg and awaiting for gpg to return
> the
> result. Maybe gpg is trying to automatically fetch the key from the
> keyservers and hanging at that point?

        Hi,
no idea from my side. The only thing one can try:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=gpg evolution

and when it's frozen, then

   $ ps ax | grep gpg

and check whether it's running or not. Having evolution waiting on the
gpg response, it'll be shown in the backtrace:

   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" --pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt

In case you'd like to share it anywhere, check the bt.txt for any
private information, like passwords, email addresses, server
addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least (quotes for clarity
only).

I do not know whether it's needed here, 3.30.5 is too old (limited
manpower, I'm sorry).

        Bye,
        Milan