On Fri, 2022-10-07 at 18:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> > IIUC you are asking for an option to rebuild the folder tree, hence
> > suspect you are using IMAP accounts. It's one of the reasons for me
> > stay with POP accounts, since those are completely free from such
> > maintenance work on almost all MUAs, while there isn't a day
> > without
> > similar IMAP account related questions on at least one MUA's
> > mailing
> > list.
>
> I think that's tremendously unfair. I've used IMAP based accounts for
> many, many years and never had any issues with them. They are
> infinitely more workable when you use more than one client - I
> currently have something like 10 clients on different OS's and lots
> of
> different MUAs and NEVER had any issues.

Agreed. I too have a number of IMAP-based accounts and several clients
for them on different devices and platforms, including Evolution. I
have never seen an issue such as the OP describes. My guess would be
that there is some sort of database corruption, but since I don't use
the Flatpak version I can't really comment further.

poc