> actually, what he meant was a standard across all Evolution clients no
> matter what platform/version. This way you can copy db files from one
> version to another and have it Just Work (tm).
What's bad about something XML(.GZ)-based? Could you please explain me
the Ximian position on this? Was it discussed somewhere?

> We do provide evo-db3 i386 packages for all platforms afaik. I'm not
> sure about src packages, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I think
> they are in the snapshot channel in red-carpet, but I could be wrong.
> It's been a while since I've looked :-)
Just checked. Cannot find neither i386.rpm nor src.rpm with 3.1.7 for RH
7.2:( Could Ximian please bundle it (or give me the URL)?

> The reason that db3.1.17 gets statically linked with Evolution is so
> that your system can be using db3.2.9 or db2 or god knows what else and
> not cause problems.
Arrrgh... Is db3 the only DBMS around? Is there any free embedded DBMS
which would be more stable in terms of file format?

Cheers,

Sergey