On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 02:21, Marko Asplund wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Michael Leone wrote:
>
> > > for a computer enthusiast switching to Linux or running Linux under VM
> > > ware may be an alternative but when it comes to people with not a very
> > > strong background in computers and who think Windows is the only "OS"
> > > you can run in a computer the list of choices is unfortunately a much
> > > more limited.
> >
> > Especially if those of us who do know better, don't teach them
> > otherwise, especially by teaching by example.
>
> i agree that educating people of alternative solutions is important. the
> problem, however, is that it's very difficult to find someone to pay you
> full time for educating people to migrate from Windows to Linux. i know my
> current employer wouldn't approve me spending considerable amounts of time
> with Linux user IT support issues.

S/he might, if you can first convince them to switch (at least some)
over, based on a pilot program. That's what I was referring to as
"teach" - have a couple test/volunteer employees converted to Linux, and
use them as examples for upper management.

> --
>       aspa

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>