Haseeb, thank you so much for your efforts, that is amazing I must say.

I'm frankly staggered how you achieved that with formulas. Now I must admit
I'm lost as to how you did so, but I kind of need to know if I am to repeat
the task with the next days report. The end of day data that the original
rexx script contained was taken from my stock database at the close of
business. If I am to test the day3 strings with say today's data, I need to
refresh it and then test that against the new active strings. The report
will produce new strings to be tested each day against new close of day
data.

So, how do I add the latest close of day data to whatever you did, and then
apply that to todays report ?

I'm not sure I am explaining this correctly. Basically there will be a
fresh CSV file with a varying number of rows per day (report with day3
strings) and obviously fresh close of day stock data (with a fixed number
of stock symbols) to test the strings. I need a way to be able to test one
against the other. I'm a bit lost here I am afraid.

And as an aside, to previous post by Don,

I'm sorry but this was my first attempt at Excel / VBA coding so please
forgive my crude and inefficient code. I frankly had no idea what I was
doing when I started and was simply pleased enough to get to work at all.
I'm not sure how you define a 'project' but if that is the case, then I
guess I am sorry for that too.

Thanks again Haseeb, you have no idea how much I appreciate your help.