From: excel-macros@googlegroups.com [mailto:excel-macros@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Domain Admin
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2012 8:57 PM
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Why is usedrange here returning the entire
spreadsheet?

I tried what you said.  Is it trying to make an array out of a range,
or just restrict the range (looks more like the latter).  Still got
the error Unable to get the match property of the worksheetfunction class.
I have verified all the individual components have correct values so
still seems like some issue with the object hierarchy.
I have a solution now so really do not need an answer to this problem
though I would like to understand why it does not work.
I take it excel or VBA does not treat a range as an array internally
though it logically could?

I am not resisting using ranges because of lack of understanding
though they certainly are not second nature.  I just think since
virtually all the work that will be done is running loops through the
columns it is more efficient to use the column names as indexes
and do the work with cells(row, col).   I of course may be mistaken.

Where is the best repository of examples of well documented code of
hopefully more than trivial out of book snippets?  I learn best by
looking
at lots of examples.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Asa Rossoff <a...@lovetour.info> wrote:
> I just checked the help for WorksheetFunction.Match; the second argument
is
> specified as an array, not a range.
>
> You may be running into an out of memory condition since Excel is probably
> copying the range to an array in memory.  Even if Excel is smart enough to
> limit the array size to UsedRange automatically (not sure), your UsedRange
> was too large before, not sure if you got that taken care of.
>
> Out of curiousity, try
> contangoindex = WorksheetFunction.Match(Sheets(RawData).Cells(2,
> BarDate).Value,

Application.Intersect(Sheets(ContangoSource).UsedRange,Sheets(ContangoSource

http://www.computing.net/howtos/show/debugging-vba-code-101-a-tutorial/720.h