My exchange installation seems to have gotten itself into a bad
situation -- I've got a corrupt message store and no valid backup (don't
ask! <G>) I can access the store, but there are messages that can't be
opened, and I'm getting error 474 messages about corrupt pages in the
edb file, so I know there's a problem.

First thing I did was call PSS, figured they'd walk me through the
process. They've had me export the messages to PSTs via ExMerge.
However, ExMerge hasn't grabbed any of my deleted items (50K for my box
alone) nor any of my sent items (21K for my box alone) nor will it
process any messages past the first message that fails. I've also tried
to export via outlook and the .pst export there also gives up on the
first bad message it hits.

It appears this is the process in both outlook and ExMerge...

1) Open Folder
2) Skip Deleted Items
3) Skip Sent Items
4) Get list of messages in mapi folder
5) Export each message.
6) If message is bad, GIVE UP on REST of folder and move to next folder
7) Done.

The result is ExMerge skips 10s of thousands of messages that could be
saved.

This can't be the truth, can it? Please tell me there's a better way.

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software