Sorry, not your old girlfriend - just an ATTORNEY. LOL!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 12:00 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Plain Text Only

If you can't change any of the settings in the display control panel,
then I think it's safe to say that either the incorrect video card
driver is installed or that the video card driver is not being loaded
properly by Windows 98.  To check this, in the Control Panel Display
applet, is the card listed as a generic VGA display adapter?  If so,
even though you think you've installed your driver it has not loaded.
Also ATI is notorious for crappy drivers - especially for the Rage
series.  I've had personal experience where I've had to re-install their
drivers because they won't load.

So here's what you do (first make completely sure that you have the
correct and latest driver - I recommend www.reactorcritical.com - they
keep up to date on most cards).  Using Control Panel, Add/Remove
Hardware - remove the Display Adapter and reboot and then re-install the
driver when prompted by Plug and play.

Another possibility (and IMO worth trying) is to turn down hardware
acceleration a notch in the display applet.

Working with ATI is not an exact science - there are all sorts of I/O
chip and BIOS incompatibilities with the Rage series that were
supposedly addressed in driver and firmware updates.  POS's if you ask
me.

Also, I don't understand how a user could be competent enough to use
Outlook Web Access unless it's my old girlfriend.  Her name isn't Denise
by chance is it?

Eric

It