I'm thinking it's a driver issue too.  I'd just into the Device Manager and
look under display devices.  Remove all the video display devices and also
go into add/remove programs and remove any display driver software in there.
Then reboot and let windows redetect the card and add the new drivers from
ATI's support site.

.j.