-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Gomez, Mary
Lou
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 12:04 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: # of folders in mailboxes

"I" am not confused. As I stated in the previous response, I
specifically described the folders I was seeing and where they were
located. And yes, I do know the difference between the mailbox folders
and personal folders. I did not scan for their personal folders, only
the mailbox folders themselves. The scan (GroupShield's On Demand
Scanner) only scans the top-level folders which includes any newly
created folders the users have added. We do tell them to sort their mail
into personal folders if they insist on keeping "everything" but we ask
them to keep them on their Home drive. This way, they can keep their
mailbox sizes down to well below our corporate standard limit.

Who cares? I, along with management now care because we have people who
are not adhering to our standard. With the virus hit we took last week,
we are working on strictly enforcing all of our standards. Exchange is
just one of them. We do have mailbox size limits & adhere to those. We
don't raise those for anyone, not even the president of the company. My
question originally was not on limits...but on reporting out of Exchange
5.5. I understand that 2000 will give me various reporting functionality
but I'm not finding the same in 5.5. Mary Lou