-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bob Razler
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 4:08 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: MSX 5.5 + 2GB RAM

Hello:

        There are several page file tweaks to be used if all you care about
is optimizing page file performance.  Forgive me if my suggestions are "page
file"-centric.  If there are other Exchange concerns that would over-ride
these, then ignore them:

        Set the page file at RAM+ enough to hold the registry and a memory
dump.  At 2 Gig's, the various formulas of 2.5-3xRAM doesn't really help.

        Set Min and Max as the same.

        Span the page file over several disks (not volumes or partitions).
Clearly, if you have a RAID array the incorporates striping, the page file
would be spanned with the other data.  But if there are other disks
available, use them.

Bob