-----Original Message-----
From: Murphy, Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 2:27 PM
Posted To: MSExchange Mailing List
Conversation: Verify Sender
Subject: Verify Sender

Is there a way to get Exchange to validate sender's address prior to
delivery to internal valid user.  In other words, is there a way to
validate the sender's domain is legit.

Example:
I have setup a standalone Exchange box that is configured to reroute
incoming smtp but has routing restrictions enabled.  However then box is
setup to "relay" for my domain only.  The system is configured to
"Forward all messages to host" (my other Exchange Server).

The other Exchange server is setup to "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" with
Routing restrictions enabled.  However, this box is setup to route my
domain inbound.

The routing works as anticipated.  However, I can still "dupe" my return
address.  I want to create a mechanism that also checks the validity of
the sender prior to delivery.