Not directly in Exchange.

With E2k, you could write a protocol sink[1] that intercepts the HELO and
MAIL FROM commands, but I haven't seen anyone pushing forward with this type
of solution (at least not publicly), since it requires coding in C/C++ or
Delphi.

Ideally, I'd love to see someone write an E2k version of SMTPD fr0m Obtuse
(http://www.obtuse.com/smtpd.html).

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE MCT
Senior Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems
Atlanta, GA
http://www.peregrine.com

[1] While this functionality could be written into a transport sink, doing
so would violate the spirit, if not the letter, of RFC 2821. By the time a
message gets to a point where a transport event would fire, its already been
accepted for delivery via SMTP, meaning that the system will try by any
means possible to deliver it to it's destination. Doing this at the protocol
level (in response to a MAIL FROM or HELO/EHLO) doesn't violate the RFC,
however, because you're rejecting it rather than accepting the DATA stream.