If you have to choose one or the other, choose to load the anti-virus that
goes directly on the server( ie. ScanMail) The reason you would want this
instead of the gateway type of anti-virus product (ie. InterScan) is because
the version that goes directly on the server would be able to clean a
message that might have slipped through the gateway before the newest virus
defs were available, or what happens when Joe Enduser decides to attach that
infected file to a message, your gateway scanner ain't catching it until it
passes through on the way out....
You really need both, but if you have to choose, then choose an anti-virus
package that is able to clean/protect mailboxes.
YMMV, but I doubt it...
--
Matthew
Exchange Disaster Recovery, Live it, Learn It, Love It, Get yours today!

"Besides the technical limitations on the PST (remember the P stands for
Personal, that means you're responsible not the mail admin)..." Jim Schwartz
8-16-01