-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Meunier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 10:13 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Email Virus Protection

Friggin' add http://navexchangeserver:port# and http://navgateway:port#
to your MMC console, then it's in there.  Even in the version you use,
which could be the latest if you went to Symantec's support web site and
asked for the latest.  At least it's a single source for viewing the
html interface.

 Oooh.  Thanks.  Didn't know you could do that.  Wonder what else I don't
know about the MMC?  Back to the bat-cave I guess.
 I let my update subscription lapse, so I guess I can't get the latest
version until I re-up, which is going to be soon, since I need to get the
desktops to NAV CE 7.6 to support XP.

Using the gateway and dumping *.scr into the trash, doesn't matter
whether Symantec updated their defs early, late, or never.

 -tom

  Agreed.  I haven't seen vbs, scr, and a bunch of those other junk files
for over a year, and it's prevented many worries.

  Jim