thx
Well I rebooted the server to the unpopularity of users in the company.
I was getting in the event viewer:

An RPC communications error occurred.
   Unable to bind over RPC. The locality table (LTAB) index is 76.
   Windows NT error code: 1722. [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1 500] (12)

type messages, I could NOT send e-mail though I could receive. SO a trip to
MS  KB revealed tech doc 170056

I could ping everything as doc stated..so Rebooted.

Error went away...but still no outgoing e-mail.

YES Firewall-Pix. Could ping to Pix internal Interface but not outside to
anybody.

Clear Xlate

fixed it.

E-mail now flows, brain is burnt.

Will continue on with Ed's FAQ...

thx
bill

PS Oh and all this on top of installing NAI GrpSh451 HF7
I love them, it grabbed 4430 emails Sunday to Monday for no good reason,
reload superdat was their answer.
Then it still didn't work right, so very late early this morning
unload/reload to fix it.....still it grabbed 50 e-mails for no good reason.
UNTIL! drum roll please....A tech had me add a reg entry to fix it.
I did mention that the 4400+ e-mails..yup have to go thru one by one AND the
user HAS too send me the e-mail with the ALTER.TXT to find out what goes
with who.
Mom said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.....