Its one of those touchy, up to interpretation subjects. Remember, case law
is just what someone else decided, and there is always that concept of
expectation of privacy.

They are just suggesting that someone high enough in the company to take
responsibility for doing it give you permission/request, in writing, to do
this. Its just to save your own arse.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems