From: Woodruff, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:29 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: scheduling automatic rebooting of server

Yeah, and then you fix it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Cornetet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 2:26 PM
To: Exchange Discussions

The fact that some people can smoke 3 packs of Marlboros a day and still
live to be 90 years old doesn't mean that cigarettes aren't dangerous.
Likewise, the fact that you (and others) can run problem-free computer
systems without rebooting doesn't mean there aren't bugs in the software. It
simply means that people have different computer environments. Different
users, different software, different networks, hell, maybe different gamma
rays - who knows?

The simple fact is that NT and Exchange (and other auxiliary software like
backup agents and remote-control) are not bug-free, nor will they ever be.
Some bugs, when tickled, create subtle "corruption" (overwriting a random
memory location, locking a resource, whatever). Eventually, some vital organ
is hit and the system gets sick...