Greetings all,

Unfortunately, the subject line does not lie.  I am on a project
doing an MS Mail 3.5 to Exchange 2000 migration.  I am having
trouble with the MS Mail Connector and wanted some suggestions on
what to try next.

We set up the MS Mail Connector on the E2K server, and defined
the MS Mail postoffice as being serviced by the MTA.  We have not
done any dirsync yet but tried to send mail through Outlook by
sending a one-off msg to the MS Mail type address of a user on
the destination MS Mail postoffice.  And then we tried sending
the other direction and in both cases, no workie and no NDR's.
The queues are empty so I'm left a little baffled...

Does the MTA on the E2K server carry the traffic to and FROM
the MS Mail PO?  Or does there need to be config changes done on
the MS Mail side to recognize the Exchange shadow PO?

Any other suggestions I should try?  I'm having trouble finding
interop articles specific to MS Mail and Exchange 2000, but plenty
for legacy versions of Exchange.

TIA,
Karen