From: Cooke, Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 9:39 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange Hardware Requirements

Upgrade in what respect? Just hardware and win2k advanced server without
implementing AD
Any other applications running on the box? No other applications (current
box is PDC and WINS but new one will only be Exchange)
Any bottlenecks with your current setup (processor, memory, disk,
network...)? Currently we have some extreme slowdowns throughout the day at
random times. We have been working with Microsoft tech support to try and
get it fixed for a while, but without success. Our current server is maxed
out at a gig of ram, has a dual port NIC and a RAID 5 array that hosts the
OS, stores, and logs (bad, I know) .
How hard do the users hit the box? Majority of our users fall into the MMB2
medium category, but we also have a fair number of heavy users.
Are the auto-emails for internal addresses or external addresses? Auto
emails are to external addresses

Thanks in Advance for all your help.