On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, at 10:47pm, Woodrick, Ed wrote:
> And as to disk drives, I can speak pretty knowledgeably in this situation,
> there is virtually no storage limitations within Exchange that impacts the
> per user storage.

  Yah, and what about when you run out of physical disk space, or tape
space, or backup time?  "Buy more/better equipment", you say, but have you
ever worked in small company environment, where investing money in IT can
sometimes require something close to an act of Congress?

> And as to users keeping things forever, that's pretty much hogwash.

  You don't have our customers, then.  We've got several people in several
different organizations that have over one *gigabyte* of saved mail data.
And we are by no means a large company.

> That means that even something as small as a TB requires well over 1,000
> users.

  The fact that your regard one terabyte as "small" indicates that you don't
really understand the small business situation, where we often have to beg
and plead with the customer to buy a 20 GB tape backup drive.

  Quote policy is something that should be done on a case-by-case basis.
Blanket statements about what is applicable are bogus.  However, not having
any policy at all is almost sure to cause headaches down the road.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>