From: Smith Joseph [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 1:00 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Lotus Notes help - sort of

All,

Our corporate mangers have decided that we need to replace our perfectly
running Exchange system with Lotus Notes.

The push for change is being led from the top (non-IT) managers; I could not
find anyone at any IT personnel at our plants that was actually for this
change (Exchange to Domino)!  It probably has a lot to do with IBM heavily
courting these guys; our server standard was even changed to IBM (imagine
that!).  We're staying with our Compaq...I mean HP...thank you very much!!!

We are gathering information to present a case NOT to migrate (we're not
going to go quietly!).  Any info that anyone could provide (case studies,
personal experience, etc.) to help strengthen our case would be appreciated.
We're looking for more than just "I really hate it!"

We're even considering keeping our Exchange server and just installing a
gateway to the horrid system (any experiences with that?).

Thanks in advance!

Joseph Smith

Network Administrator
Perlos, Inc.