From: Robert Moir [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 11:37 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Backing up Exchange 5.5

No. It's worse.

> I've just tried, and it
> turned out not too bad. On the middle of discussing want to
> purchase or not !!

Ok, so it has a pretty looking backup routine. You can restore a few
files from it.

Now test if you can do a full disaster recovery "bare metal server" back
to fully working with it. A surprisingly high number of people struggle
to do this despite jumping through every hoop in the CA book. And the
licencing doesn't work properly so prepare for lots of random failures
to backup when the licence decides to fail because it's bored.

Thanks to my boss, I had to use it for exchange and SQL backups in the
past and it never ever worked properly to the point where I could trust
it to work on backing things up unsupervised, and I never trusted it to
restore properly either after many bad experiences.

Robert Moir MS MVP
IT Systems Engineer
Luton Sixth Form College
>SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0