We have one customer running a couple of active-active clusters with
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on one node and another database app on the second.  For
the most part this works okay, but when one one node or the other fails over
and you have both apps running on one node - performance drops like a lead
brick.  In this case both main apps are databases and that can't be good.

Nate Couch
EDS Messaging