From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:bounce-exchange-94760@;ls.swynk.com] On Behalf Of Bennett, Joshua
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 6:55 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: X.400 issues

Hello all,

I have an incredibly annoying situation going on that I can't seem to
get a grip on. I am not sure of the magnitude of the errors I am seeing
due to the fact that mail is still flowing.

Here is my setup:

        I am running WNT4.0 SP6 / EX 5.5 EE SP4 all hotfixes on all
these servers. I have a hub and spoke configuration within my EX org.
All my remote servers connect (through X.400 connectors) to a central EX
server that serves as my IMS to the internet. All the spoke servers are
BDC's in NT domains. The hub server is a member server in a central
domain that all other domains have 2-way trusts to. All the remote
servers (scattered across the US) are connected to the hub server by
full T1 lines.

My issue is this:

        The MTA on the hub server backs up and an Event ID: 289 is
written to the App log then the queue flushes clear and all mail is
delivered without incident. This seems to occur about every 10 minutes
or so during the day. There does not appear to be, at least on the
surface, any connectivity issues. Should I just ignore these errors, as
the mail is being delivered? Or is this just the beginning of a major
issue about to explode in my lap?

Please help, I have dug around MS site and Google and come up with
little to no help.

Thanks,

Josh Bennett
Exchange Admin\Systems Engineer