You failed to provide sufficient detail in the question so that those trying
to provide assistance could do so. Sprinkled throughout a half dozen posts
were an ever changing set of requirements and hints as to the actual design
goal. Below you've managed to summarize them into what almost resembles a
proper technical question.[1]

I know a boatload about configuring and using Outlook offline... Enough to
fill several chapters of a book. Did you want me to type up everything I
knew in the hops that some portion thereof was relevant to a question you'd
not sufficiently defined. I also know more than a thing or two about Outlook
command line switches (both the documented and undocumented ones) and if
there was one which was relevant to the finally properly phrased technical
question you've asked I'd post it. But there isn't.

The Q article I referenced appears to answer your question to the point
where all a user would have to do when they are done for the day is press
F9. Are you saying that having the user press F9 when they are done for the
day is too technical of a task? If that's the case, then I agree with some
earlier posters that a press keys app of some kind would likely be
appropriate.

[1] We'll ignore a few minor items like there's no such thing as Outlook XP.