From: Fay, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 12:10 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: POP3 & IMAP Prohibit Send on E2K

Is this KB Article still on point, 247126?  It's dated 4/11/01 and only
refers to E2K with no SP.  I am deploying a 3,000 student E2K SP3 server
with POP and IMAP only clients with MB limits.  Obviously this will go
BUST on me and I need to change the design for OWA only, MAPI won't be
supported.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247126

The summary of the article is POP3 and IMAP clients don't use the IS as
previous versions of Exchange did for sending, since now SMTP is
separated. Therefore they bypass the "prohibit send" feature if the
Mailbox is over its limit.

Regards,

Mark

FAY CONSULTING, LLC