hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Andy David
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 5:42 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: POP3 & IMAP Prohibit Send on E2K

Yes, Exchange 5.5 supports these protocols natively. I dont know if I
would quite say "the Information Store was responsible for MAPI, POP3,
IMAP, etc. " as you phrase it. But nonetheless, why should it have
worked in 5.5?
Both Pop3 and imap use SMTP to send mail yes?
What mechanism is in the IMS to check the storage limits of the user and
then magically send an error message back to pop3 or imap client?
What if you used one server to host the mail and another to send mail?