OK, I thought I had this problem licked until I hit a WinXP system.

I have a W2K system running Outlook 2000. On this system, I can create a
shortcut to a file located in an Outlook OST thus:

outlook:\\Public%20Folders\Favorites\Consulting\budget_tracking.xls.eml

This works great on this system. However, on a WinXP system running
Outlook 2002, the shortcut doesn't work at all.

Anyone have the syntax for this? I have checked Slipstick and found some
stuff but none of it works. If I include the "< >", WinXP wants to throw an
http: in front of it.

I know that this is a really silly, stupid problem but it is driving me
nuts that I can get it to work on my system but not on this WinXP/O2002
system. Any help is greatly appreciated!