Hello,

OS: W2K SP3 + Security Hot fixes
E2K SP3 + 03/03 Store Roll-up

Recovering a Public Folder with "Recover Deleted Items" results in the error:

"Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder.  Make sure you
have the required permissions to recover items in this folder, and try again.  If the
problem persists, contact your administrator."

Sadly, I am the Administrator.

This 1 PF is 3 levels down, messages in it, but no sub-folders.  The user that deleted
it has Owner rights for the folder it was deleted from and the deleted folder itself.
As do Email Admins.  The Owner that deleted it gets the same error I do when they try
to recover it (I turned "dumpster always on" for them).

The behavior is you can see the folder to recover, it lets you start recovery, you can
see the folder appear and messages then start to appear in it (if you're watching from
a different Outlook client), and then right at the end you get the above error and it
vanishes from the PF structure.  It is then in "Recover Deleted Items" again and ready
for another try.

What I've done:

-I have tested creating, deleting, and recovering other folders with similar Rights,
(and ones not similar) etc... and all works fine.

-I have run "isinteg -s ... -fix -test alltests" against the PF store.

-I have turned off Virus scanning (Trend Scanmail).

-I've searched Google Groups, and it looks like the last couple months there are a
quite a few Admins in the same boat as me.  The only happy endings I found were one
that ran isinteg, and one that just kept trying and trying and finally it worked (feel
the power of Admin).

One thing that comes to mind is that this PF was probably created back in the Exchange
5.5 days and was on a server upgraded in place to E2K.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Brent