Thank you to Samantha for the kind words and to the "warm" welcome from
the guy whose knowledge on the subject resulted in no help at all.

I specifically asked within my post if what my thought process at the time
was logical and could result in a solution or should I build another
Exchange server. If you read the first part of the message, I clearly
stated that it was my second day on the job.

I understand that a DR environment is necessary but was not available and
to give a little more information I was not looking for anyone to do my
job but rather some direction since the 2yr data that needed to be
retrieved was for litigation purposes and should have been done weeks
earlier prior to my new responsibility. Add to that that there is no DR
environment and that the email backups take place on a remote server that
is not running Exchange then maybe you can see my dilemma. But I thought
at the time that I did not need to include all of this because I did not
care to waste anyone's time.

I may have experience in an area where one day you may need assistance and
just a note to let you know that I will assist to a degree if I can but I
will not waste your time with such comments as the ones you gave. I am not
upset about it but rather request that if you want to respond to a post
then how about trying to help rather than possibly waste the author's time
as well with hollow words?

LABD