-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Warren Cundy
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 10:06 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook/Exchange/VPN connectivity problem

Hi guys,

A few users are having an intermittent connectivity problem to Exchange
server over a VPN connection.  Here's what we're using: Exchange 2000 Sp3,
Outlook 2002 Sp2 on the clients.

When these users connect to our VPN, they can see/ping everything, including
Exchange, but always have problems opening outlook.  First they have to set
their profile to manually control the connection and force an online
connection.  Even then they have to hit "retry" a few times, but it finally
connects, although very slowly.

I know DNS DNS DNS, but they can ping the Exchange server by name, and I
even gave them entries in the HOSTS file for the local (internal VPN)
address of the Exchange server... any thoughts here?  Its driving me crazy.

-W