GD wrote:

"Honorary titles and gifts are a conflict of interest and hence
not something that professional IT people should engage in, period."

I can perhaps understand why an employer might take this stance but why
would I, or anyone else on the list care?

They're telling us things not selling us things so it doesn't bother me in
the least even if Microsoft's contribution to their net income is vastly
greater than their employer's.

GD also claimed:

"a community I helped build"

I honestly can't say I've ever noticed your name before but I do take
lengthy breaks so maybe you slipped in between these - I do think I'd
remember someone so outstandingly pompous otherwise.

All members of a community help to build it.  I don't go round thanking
everyone I see in the street for building my real-world community and I
certainly don't wear a badge saying "I helped to build this community, you
may kiss my ring."

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.