-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Deckler
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 1:19 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Greg's Utterly Fascinating Views on Ethics

Sure, you can't prove the something is *NOT* white. But you also cannot
prove that something IS white if the person you are talking to will not look
at it and say "Yup, it's white alright." or even agree with your definition
of white. Perhaps, your "white" my "blue"?

The point was that asking me to prove that something is a conflict of
interest is pointless unless you can agree to some ground rules. By not
accepting and agreeing to a basic definition for "conflict of interest",
there are no ground rules and hence it becomes impossible to prove anything.
If you are always going to debate the actual meaning of the term "conflict
of interest", then no one will ever convince you that ANYTHING is a conflict
of interest, let alone white.