Hi,

I have just moved from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.
It is a single server setup.

I used to use BackupExec+Exchange agent to backup to a DLT.
The stores and the individual mailboxes were backed up daily and every
week I would stop the services and do a full backup.

Before I rush out an pay Veritas for the license upgrade, I thought I
would revue the situation.

Some background info...
The server has 100gb of raid5 diskspace.
There is about 125 mailboxes, I expect this to continue to rise to 250
over the next few years.
Mailbox sizes used to be about 70mb on 5.5, this has been increased to
100mb.

Some staff do need access to archived mail, and they use pst files on
the server.

At the moment I do not have a well defined backup policy for this setup,
I am using ntbackup for stores and state nightly.

Any advice ?

thanks

Matthew Joyce
Children's Cancer Institute Australia