Takes about 6 seconds to strip a password from a PST file which renders
them laughably insecure rather than useless. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Molkentin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posted At: Thursday, January 08, 2004 5:56 PM
Posted To: swynk
Conversation: Exchange 2003 backups
Subject: RE: Exchange 2003 backups

PST's can have passwords put on them by users, and users forget them
(rendering them useless).

PST's do not synchronise (using WinXP's offline files feature), and so
can be forgotten or left behind, or worse, corrupted.

I think that we almost have an FAQ for why PST=bad from this list, don't
we?

Certainly GuruEd (the MVP Slut) has raved against them previously.  ;)

themolk.