Relaying is Denied sounds like you didn't use the right domain name in the
rcpt to: line.  Are you entering (literally) username@domainname, or an
actual user and domain name?

-----Original Message-----
From: Micciche Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 9:53 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Problem sending to particular domain (RCPT TO:)

I am still trying to troubleshoot sending a message from exchange to a
customer.

1.  They have a valid address and domain name.
2.  I can send from Hotmail.
3.  They can send to me.
4.  I can not reply or send new mail to them.

ERROR: The recipient name is not recognized.

I can start a Telnet session to the remote mailserver.  I Can say Helo, and
receive HELP.  When I try to send a message via telnet I get as far as:

RCPT TO:<username@domainname>

Then I get this error:

550 <username@Domainname>... Relaying is denied

If I can get this far from a command prompt on my Exchange server, why in
the heck can't I send a message to it?  Anymore tips out there?  By the way,
the suggestions that were provided yesterday were excellent!  Thank you very
much.

List Charter and FAQ at: